Thursday, December 01, 2005

Turbonegro Part II

Sorry for all the boring shit ass post I've been posting lately. It just because I am not a Londoner. Today however I've just returned from a kick-ass Turbonegro gig in London. I managed to sneak my way out of the freaking job-assignment that was about to interfere with my gigging. Yupp, I do have some priorities even though some of you dont think I have any style what so ever.

So I drove straigt into Camden, which is central London. My eyes were totally wired since I've never been driving there before. Got a park and had a small chat with a friendly parking warden. Then I had some noodles while waiting for the Brainiac to arrive, which he did. After his long awaited arrival we entered the club through a block of queues. If you've never been to Koko's before. I got a few words for you. Go! Ops that's just one word, ehe. Sorry (even though it's meaningless). It's like this old theatre with heaps of balconies and booths, all painted in decandent red whit chaneliers and stuff, plus this huge disco ball three stories up.

Juliett and the Licks, was alright for a starter. Matt pinched her bum as she crowd surfed past us. Legend has it that her buns are firm, and Brainiac is now in a postion to confirm this firmness! To me it was like watching an angry vegan chick in aerobics class doing some alright rock and roll with a dash of hip hop.

Then Turbonegro went on and the place just went mad! Maaaad, I tell you, Maaaad! The songs were as usual fantastic. In between them Hanks informed us the the Trafalgar square X-mas tree is a gift from the Norwegean Sailors as a thank you for all male and femal British prostitutes. Because there is only one thing that the English does well and that is to sell their bodies! Tehn the played, yeah that's right, Sell you body! At this point Matt sends me crowd surfing. There's a first for every 31 year old. Hank then states that the band gets a hard time for not being politically correct, but if there is one thing they it is political and damn correct as well, after which he spreads the ashes of departured fotballer George Best. It's only crap and cigarett butts, since Best drank himself through two livers before dying. Once the ashes are spread he sprays the crowd with beer, according to Best's instructions with a personal message from Best: "Don't just get wasted, get wasted again!" And then the show continues with, yupp that's right Brainiac, Wasted Again.

After to encores, they leave us dancing around to a Zorba, after which I discover a lone shoe, which after a couple of test runs, turns out to be a cindorella's. After a kiss, she whispers that I am very cute (in Swedish, she's english though!). At this point Matt picks up the shoe and swings it in my face, which causes a permanent communication break down and we plant the shoe back on the floor where we found it, and got the fuck out of Koko's.

Well, that's about it, and yes, I will try to get a life!

Karl

1 comment:

Von Helvete said...

Any comments on spelling will be appreciated! I am such a green horn when it comes to that. Take me back to Dungaree High!