Monday, May 01, 2006

You don't go, you don't know...

However, the last couple of weeks have been awesome, but know I don't really know where to go. Spent the weekend giggoing on the Friday, drinking at pubs on Saturday, dinner and a drink yesterday as well as getting up at 0430 am this morning to watch the May day celebration in a rainy Oxford. Me thinks it was overrated, but maybe that's because when it's freezing and wet you just long for your bed...

The question now is what to do next, since my Newquay friend Matt confirmed that it has been pretty flat the last couple of months including this weekend. Nada surf sucks. Chatted with Anita yesterday and she's living it up in Melbourne and might extend her stay, but also confirmed my notion that Oz is a bit of an appendix when it comes to career opportunities. On the other hand, I've never wanted a career, so why do I even think in those terms. Then the taxidriver in Barcelona said that I would be able to get fluent in Spainsh over a few months, and that would be so cool. Another language, another bunch of friends. So maybe I'll pick up a redundancy offer and retreat back to Latin America and get going with Spanish and surf...

In the meantime though I have to get through the every day routine for a while and I don't wanna. I just wanna go, cause I just wanna know. But on the other hand I might be too convenient, senisible or plainly realistic, however, if this is the case I will never know though. And if I'm gonna go, I need to know where to go, so it looks like it's gonna take me some time to figure things and other things out.

News of the day is the 2006 Where the action is-tour in Sweden. The line up looks pretty solid with Hellacopters, Backyard Babies, Millencolin and Soundtrack of our lives/Hives + one surprise act. Looks like I'll go back to Sweden late July or early August...

I want more fun and less not fun.
KvH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Hellacopters and Soundtrack can by their joint efforts..
KvH