Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wedding

So you think you've been to a wedding? Well, not like this!

Got a ride from Anita and Rich along with Alistar to the Doghouse where the reception was due to happen. Whilst I was photographing the pack of relatives the party happend to be sprayed by a passing car. I being totally oblivious to the fact just went on; "One more, please".

Then we all went in for a few rounds of beer and small talk. The dinner was a smorgÄsbord of dishes from salmon to cottage pie, desserts and the coffe and cake. The best part of the evening was when the band, Trademark, played and Russ and Helen were dancing around in marital bliss. I really like her hair and radiant happiness, and Russ was improvising on the dancefloor. Happy days!

My own voice reminded me of the time I graduated from High School and could not speak for a few days. Damn that Thusday night dinner and short sleeved shirts combined with indian summers. Today I got up after 1200 and will probably not leave the flat, but most distressing: no exercise, which makes me a sad boy. Was so looking forward to some climbing...

Now all I need to figure out is what I am gonna do with my life. Matt posed this question to me about a year ago and I told him that he did not need to come by if he was going to push for this. Maybe I am coming around, but then again, maybe I am not. Some people tend to think that you need a five and ten year plan, like the Soviet Union. As much as I repect those people I am not sure that life works that way. But until I die I guess I will never know. Anys, when it comes to work I am less sure that you need it, but as a general master plan for what you want out of life sure, I can see some ideas forming in my head.

Wanderlust
KvH

2 comments:

Brightsider said...

Aw, you liked my hair :) Glad you enjoyed the party, it was great fun. We're thinking of getting married every year!

Von Helvete said...

I look forward to the invite...

Be well
KvH