Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You should have seen the gutter!


...it was totally unimpressed. And so was I when I saw this face staring back at me at the ER in Oxford. You can't really see it on this picture but I knocked a half off my right upper front tooth, and that gutted me more than anything. After refusing painkillers and throwing the cup on the ground, banging the wall 'til the police came and mixing it all with sitting down whilst crying like a baby I think I was all mature about it. As always, I shook everybody's hands when I left saying thanks.

The wounds are all healing nicely and I am working again. Mr Fat Lips has also manged to recover the tooth from the gutter and a dentist glued it back on, where it hopefully will stay. All in all, I am alive and well and soon the lip will resume regular size.

I got one piece of advice and that is don't eat concrete. You see, it was not there during the stone age, so we are just not used to it... ...or maybe it's an aquired taste....

Thanks Matt and Miri for vital support and handholding. Thanks Anita for pointing out the irony of me being a regular at the Gappy Tooth. Thanks Tamas and Annika for important dental and medical advice.Thanks dead grand dad for your cameo in my dream the other night, made me realise how much I needed to talk to my family. Thanks mum for pointing out that I should always have accident cover, I so am claiming. Thanks English NHS, Eduardo, John, nurses, call centre personell, doctor and ambulance team, maybe you do good work for the taxpayers after all, touch wood. Thanks Elisabet for your Valentine's day sms. Thanks for workmates' and Santa's emails.

3 comments:

En Barnfri Kvinna said...

OMG!!
Hope you feel better soon and be careful with that face :)

Anonymous said...

yeah,

i know, i got a lot of making up to do.

mr soon-to-have-a-regular-sized-lip

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the realms of Gappy Toothedness, even if it was shortlived!

Anal point : In the JR Hospital, it's called ED (Emergency Dept) not ER (Emer Room), like on the telly. But is' sott of irrelevant, as everyone still calls it A&E (Accident & Emer). Any more pedantic info about the Oxford Radcliffe Trust, you know where to come!