Sunday, January 15, 2006

Strange days

sometimes life seems so surreal and this weekend has been pretty surreal. Well, most of you do not have a clue to what I am talking about, but relax, 'cause I have come to educate you all. You may call me Professor Karl.

This weekend Annika and Martin were graced with a daughter. Well, you might be going what the hell, persons are born every other day of the week. But this was special. Martin and Annika got married last September and I was supervising the evening proceedings at the Toastmaster in question.

Hold it right there, don't you leapfrog to the conclusion that only this made the weekend special, since the thing runs a wee bit deeper than that. Because in June 2002 Martin and Annika met at a party at my place for the first time. Now I wont have you giving me all credit because the girl that invited Annika along was actually a friend of Martin's, but still I share some of the creds. And some more goes out to Martin who did not fully reject the idea of employing me after he interviewed me for a job in October 1999. Since then we travelled to Fuerteventura, Newquay, Brussels, St Anton, Chamonix, Champoluc and down into Alagna (Martin, Jan 2004: "Well, I did not go all the way here not to board Alagna, I am going" this was said after a discussion about the weather, which made the rest not wanting to go. In the end I joined in and it was lush for 4 hours, until we were in back country on the way back and bad weather struck. Close one.). And now this Martin is a dad! Big ups or as the Brainiac says: Props!

After the weekend's events and looking around the blogs, seeing all these kids with their own blogs, I feel a desire to reproduce as well. Now all I need to do is find the right girl and settle down, hope that my soldiers are not overly lazy and then do the wild thing with the chosen snake charmer. Strange days indeed, or maybe not.

Karl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess Blog entries are like buses eh? You wait ages for one and then two come at the same time!

See you soon,
The snake charmer