Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dee Why

staying with Chris at the moment on the headland south of Dee Why beach. Fantastic views over the ocean and Dee Why. I came here yesterday lunch after doing a little bit of clean up at Juss' and Clinton's place after the wedding. I got some good waves this morning even though it was a bit small on an inconsistent beach break. Happy days.

I have just bought the bus tickets to Woolgoolga and the Greyhound is leving tonight at 2130 or something. I will be arriving at around 6am and hopefully someone will be able to take me to Karl's beach villa at that time. Apparently it's right on a pointbreak so with a bit of luck I will be in paradise...

The wedding on Bronte beach was nice and the reception very nice. The fact that I got up early and got a few waves before rigging ther bar and house was a very nice bonus to the day. It was very cool to catch up with Willie for a laugh and a half late in the night when she had some more time. It was also good to hear her sing again. It's been a while. Sean and Anita seem to do well with their kids and the business even thought it's a bit hectic at the moment. Vicky was an unexpected blast from the past and she looked fantastic a marriage and to kids down the line. I remember looking deep into her eyes at Homebake '98. Her husband Mark seems like a really nice guy.

Only a few more days before I fly out to NZ on the fourth!

KvH

No comments: